GULI SILBERSTEIN DIGITAL VIDEO ART
Very happy to join Tracey Emin, Bill Viola, Yoko Ono and others in the digital art platform Sedition's curated artist selection:
A special mention award for Field of Infinityat Festival international Signes de Nuit, 12.10.19, Paris!
Jury statement : "a monumental and vivid impressionistic painting"
Loop screenings of Impressure, Stuff As Dreams, Field of Infinity and Meltdown inNOW DIGITAL, part of Margate Festival, Margate UK,18.10-27.10
Excited about the world premiere of a new work - 'Displacement' in 23. MFDF Ji.hlava / 23rd Ji․hlava IDFF festival Czech Republic 24-29 Oct. A work taking a new direction in the Israeli-Palestinian context, looking at Israeli nationalism, militarism and religion itself as traced in physical, political and ideological landscape of my homeland.
Coming up screenings also in Alternative Film/Video Serbia and Festival Tous Courts France
Grateful to have 'Field of Infinity' included in this special screening event - 'Found Footage Cinema: Painting with film and light', curated by Found Footage Magazine - part of Circuito Nomadica – Weekend On the Moon 2019
Field of Infinity is also in:
- TiSFF * THESS SHORT FILM FESTIVAL Thessaloniki Greece, Oct 17 18 19 & 20
- CineToro Experimental Film Festival, Cali, Palmira, Roldanillo and Toro, Colombia, Oct 29-Nov 3, 2019
- 'Field of Infinity' at the following:
Invideo, Crema, Italy
WRO Media Art Biennale on Tour #2, Tatsuno Art Project 2019, ANIMA, Tatsuno, Japan,
Tirana International Film Festival, Tirana, Albania
DOBRA - Festival Int'l de Cinema Experimental, Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Proceso de Error - Festival Internacional de Video Experimental,
MUTA Festival Internacional de Apropiación Audiovisual Lima Peru
Girona Film Festival Spain, 24-28 September
Hell Chess Festival, Andalucía Spain , September 13
- Stuff As Dreams is included in 'Radical Immersions' exhibition, Watermans Centre west London. Curated by Klio Krajewska. Runs in parallel to Digital Research in the Humanities & Arts (DRHA) conference.
- 'Meltdown' will screen at OpenEyes Filmfest, 24-28 July
- 'Field of Infinity' in 27th ART FILM FEST Košice Slovakia 14 - 22 June
- 'Field of Infinity' in File Electronic Language International Festival exhibition, SESI Gallery, Sao Paulo Brazil, 26.6-11.8
- 'System Error' (2013) was presented in the course of the ZEBRA Poetry Film Club on 19 June in the Academy of Arts Berlin.
- 'Disturbdance' and 'Cut Out' were shown in Currents New Media as part of the Experimental Documentary program that will be screened Wednesday, June 12 and Wednesday, June 19, Santa Fe.
- 'Field of Infinity', Videoex, Zurich Switzerland 29+30.5
- 'Field of Infinity' in 14th/14e Montréal Underground Film Festival, Glitchdom program, May 25th
- A nice review of 'Cut Out' (2014) by curator Ronit Eden
- 'Field of Infinity' WRO Media Art Biennale
- 'Cut Out' (2014) in Show/no show, 11 May, Filmhuis Den Haag The Netherlands. Curated by Manon Bovenkerk
- 'Field of Infinity' in Festival Oodaaq n°9 • Saint-Malo, France, April 25
- 'Never Twice the Same Color' is in Ethnografilm festival, tomorrow (today) 19.4 13:30 at Theatre Lepic Paris
- 'Field of Infinity', 3 screen installation version, in 'Even the Trees Bleed' exhibition in Museum on the Seam Jerusalem
Busy spring ahead for Field of Infinity in Museum on the Seam Jerusalem, File Electronic Language International Festival Brasil, L'Œil d'Oodaaq Festival France, Experiments In Cinema USA and WRO Media Art Biennale Poland.
- Introducing the rising star Phoebe the cat! We're happy to have our film Impressure invited to this cat film festival in Taiwan. Thank you Lee Ming-Yu and festival. Feb.14-16, The Cube Project Space 立方計劃空間, Taipe.
- A nice review in The Jerusalem Post about the exhibition 'The Case of Hiroshima' in Museum on the Seam including a short mention of the commissioned multi-screen video installation Target: Over & Out.
Happy New Year!
A video art commission - Target: Over & Out - is installed in Museum on the Seam, Jerusalem Israel, as part of the group exhibition 'The Case of Hiroshima', opened 11.1-31.3:
Thankful to present with the following artists: Anselm Kiefer, Oliver Pietsch, Joram Rozov, Larry Abramson, Yoshida Shigenobu, Shirin Abedinirad, Via Lewandowsky, Isao Hashimoto, Erez Israeli, Gilad Ophir, Leiko Ikemura, Micha Ullman
Impressure was screened in London Short Film Festival on 13.1 in ICA, as part of 'EXPERIMENTS: LEFTFIELD & LUSCIOUS' program: https://shortfilms.org.uk/lsff2019/events/2019-01-13-experiments-leftfield-luscious
Field of Infinity will be screened in Revolutions per Minute Festival, UMass-Boston, Program Six
Blueprints for Renewal, Feb.3, 1:00PM - 2:30PM, University Hall 2300: http://revolutionsperminutefest.org
Field of Infinity takes part in the international competition at Festival Tous Courts, curated by Jean-Paul Noguès and his team, AIX-EN-PROVENCE 4 - 8 DEC 2018. I was happy to attend the festival - such a great experience!
Impressure is included in Invideo's one day festival, taking place on 16.12 in Milan, Italy, 16.12
Stuff As Dreams at RE:ARTISTE's 2nd Annual Art Show TRANSFORMATION, Gallery MC: 545 W 52 St. NYC USA, December 7 - 21, 2018
Stuff As Dreams is screened at Eindhoven Film Festival - EFF, and nominated for three awards!: best sound design (by the musician Andrew Potterton), best editing, and best experimental.
Taking place 29 Nov – 02 Dec
Delighted and grateful to have the UK premiere of Field of Infinity in Southampton Film Week as one of the four works in the Best Artists Moving Image shortlist, and attending the screening & awards ceremony: 10/11, 7pm, NST City, 142-144 Above Bar Street, Southampton, SO14 7DU.
More selections soon.
Field of Infinity was selected for Jihlava International Documentary Film Festival (European premiere), 27.10, 10 am, Czech Republic: http://www.ji-hlava.com/films/field-of-infinity
A text about the new experimental documentary Never Twice the Same Color, Published in Desistfilm, written by José Sarmiento Hinojosa: http://desistfilm.com/panorama-never-twice-the-same-color-by-guli-silberstein/
Show in Milan, with Impressure:
INTERFACE |Video Art Event, IX edizione, [.BOX]Videoart project space, 20.09 – 04.10.2018
Thanks to the curator Gabriela Diana Bohnstedt Gavrilas!
Happy to announce the premiere of a new film, more of a documentary this time, reflecting on days living in New York City, focusing on 1999-2001 - 'Never Twice the Same Color' - 16 minutes long, at Montreal World Film Festival, Aug 23-Sept 3
A new work is announced - Field of Infinity - screening on 11.9 in The Unseen Festival, Denver CO, USA
Stuff As Dreams is taking part in this screening, along with a great group of artists: Paraic Mc Gloughlin, Rosa Menkman, José Miguel Barriga, Romina Forno Fargo, Sebastián Quispe, August 4th, 17 pm, Nexo Cinema, Santiago Chile:
Thanks Proceso de Error - Festival Internacional de Video Experimental
Opened Video Works for Spaces - which provides video art projections and installations for public, virtual and private spaces, either selected from ready works, or made to order.
July 3rd- to August 12th-, 2018 - STUFF AS DREAMS at 'The Body is the Message' exhibition at SESI Gallery of Art, by FILE, Sao Paulo, Brazil
July 4h - IMPRESSURE at Festival Images Contre Nature, programme perception, Marseille, France
18th – 22nd July 2018 - IMPRESSURE at OpenEyes Filmfest, Germany
June 8 - CRY HAVOC at Currents New Media, Santa Fe, USA, main exhibition at El Museo Cultural de Santa Fe, opening on 8.6: https://currentsnewmedia.org/work/cry-havoc/
June 6 - IMPRESSURE at Asolo Art Film Festival in Asolo Italy: http://www.asoloartfilmfestival.com/en/festival/
May 19-21 - INTERFACE, Video Art Event, IXth edition, the White Night of Museums, at the University of Oradea, Visual Arts Department, Faculty of Arts, Romania. Curator׃ Associate Professor Dr. Gabriela Diana Bohnstedt Gavrilaș
April 28 - Kinodot festival selection screening, including 'Stuff As Dreams' at Art-Subject Festival in Vladimir, Russia
April 12-21 - IV FRONTEIRA – INTERNATIONAL DOCUMENTARY AND EXPERIMENTAL FILM FESTIVAL, Goiânia | Goiás | Brazil, screening CRY HAVOC
April 10-14 - Experiments in Cinema (Founder/Director: Bryan Konefsky), Albuquerque, New Mexico USA, screening IMPRESSURE
April 9-15 - Athens International Film+Video Festival, Ohio USA, screening CRY HAVOC at #Resist program
April 17-20 - Festival Du Film Grasse, France - screening CUT OUT (by invitation)
April 3 - Came back from 20 MECAL BARCELONA INTERNATIONAL SHORT AND ANIMATION FILM FESTIVAL, after screening CRY HAVOC at MACBA, Museum of Contemporary Arts Barcelona
April 1 - INTERFACE exhibition by Neo Artists, Bolton UK, is running until May 20, screening STUFF AS DREAMS
'TLV Melts' - a new moving image commission is completed, for Soroker Agmon Nordman | Advocates & Patent Attorneys
'Impressure' at Best of Delete TV screening, Vitruvian Thing, Thessaloniki Greece. March 18
'Didturbdance' at Le Fete du Court Metrage, Marseille, 15 march
'Stuff As Dreams' is released in full online for a while maybe forever, after finishing its world festival tour: https://vimeo.com/178292665
- 'Cry Havoc' was selected by Currents New Media, Santa Fe USA, to participate in their festival in June 2018
- 'Cry Havoc' screening at Short Movie Club festival, Feb 23-25, Minsk, Belarus
- 'Stuff As Dreams' is screened at two special screenings by Kinodot in Moscow and Tbilisi:
21.02 at 20.00 Karo 11 Oktyabr, 24 Novy Arbat, Moscow, Russia:
23.02 at 19.00 Cinema House, 2 Dzmebi Kakabadzeebi St, Tbilisi, Georgia
- 'The Schizophrenic State Project' screenings and a presentation at War & Memory session at the 2018 Annual MeCCSA Conference, 10—12 January 2018, London South Bank University.